DIPLOMA IN RADIOGRAPHY
The aims of Diploma in Radiography program is to be an outstanding reputation course that may produce proficient and competent radiographers through various activities in the area of education, practical, and skill development. Furthermore, the emphasize on services to generate expertise, comprehensive health and contribution as high competence of health care team in various disciplines.
At the end of the courses, graduates should be able to:
1. Serve individuals, families and community holistically and safely through application of imaging process
2. Provide high quality services by utilizing their knowledge, skills, and medical ethics as well
3. Have a good relation through effective communication among patients, families, community and colleagues
4. Offer health education for community as well as encourage them to practice good hygiene over themselves
5. Apply management skills in planning and implementing community health services
6. Involve themselves as a high competence health care team in various disciplines
7. Develop interest and commitment towards research and long-lived education and training for profession and self
6 semesters (3 years)
Jun/July each year
The minimum entry requirements for the Diploma in Radiography are as follows:
1. Passed in SPM Examination or ‘O’ Level or equivalent
a. Credit in Bahasa Malaysia or equivalent
b. Credit in English, Mathematics, and any two (2) sciences subjects (priority will be given to Physics subject)
2. Minimum age is 18 years old and above, but not more than 30 years old on registration day
3. Good health performances; physically and mentally
Great opportunities of employment in public and private sectors are awaiting the students who graduated in Diploma Radiography. Diploma in Radiography graduates are highly demanded by the country as the job prospects in this field are getting expanded nowadays. Radiographers are needed in various sectors including hospitals, clinics and industrial field as well.
Graduates will also have a chance to further their study in Bachelor Degree of Medical Radiation or any other field of Radiology and skill improvement courses in order to develop excellent level of carrier prospect.
DIPLOMA IN RADIOGRAPHY