DIPLOMA IN PHYSIOTHERAPY
Diploma in Physiotherapy has received approval from the Ministry of Higher Education on 24 September 2008 and the first semester course is expected to start in the first semester of 2011/2012 academic session where the first enrollment will begin in June 2011. Generally, the program will produce graduates with a Diploma in Physiotherapy is a professional with current knowledge in the field of medical technology and health sciences. Qualified graduates may also pursue a Degree and Postgraduate in or outside the country in areas of expertise are selected. With the emergence of quality graduates and trained, the lack of the physiotherapy in the country will be resolved. On these criteria, UniSZA move and took the opportunity to offer a Diploma in Physiotherapy Program to jointly working with the government especially the Ministry of Health Malaysia in solving the shortage of trained physiotherapist of the hand.
- Knowledgeable and thinking to realize the ideal goal of the main areas of physiotherapy as a field of health sciences.
- Able to design and apply knowledge of physiotherapy based on the needs and ability to communicate effectively.
- Integrating content knowledge gained with the current needs as well as science and clinical problem solving ability and make decisions independently and collaboratively on problems that existed and highly skilled in the field of physiotherapy.
- Using ICT skills in carrying out duties related and ongoing research in the areas of physiotherapy.
- Able to choose the strategies, approaches, methods, techniques and appropriate resolution of a variety of contexts and situations in the field of physiotherapy.
- Critical thinking and able to master knowledge in the field covering aspects of physiotherapy and appreciation of the diversity of knowledge as applied in a variety of courses offered.
- Ability to translate theoretical concepts and acquired knowledge to practical practice in an effort to produce students who can help to create a better society and sensitive to health.
- Adopting the value of integrity, credibility, responsibility and prudence in the fields of endeavor.
- And civic skills in interpreting and applying the knowledge learned in accordance with the requirements and needs of the field of physiotherapy.
This program is a full-time study programs and are conducted through lectures, tutorials, practical work, project papers and clinical work. The period of study is six (6) semesters or three (3) years.
- Physiotherapist in various sectors, including hospitals, clinics and industry.
- Further study to higher levels in the local universities (Bachelor of Physiotherapy or Master in Physiotherapy) in order to increase efficiency improvement of excellence in his career.
- Physiotherapist is responsible for rehabilitation of the patient’s body through exercise, mobilization techniques, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy to assess, identify problems, plan and treat patients and provides services in designing and teaching the patient about the recovery and use of rehabilitation techniques.
- In addition, Physiotherapist are responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating programs and progress patient care and provide counseling services, manage the day-care centers (homes for the elderly, child care centers spastic / special / psychiatrist), control and evaluation of industrial workshops and give advice. Among the advice given is such as health education advice to patients and patients' families, including home renovations, public buildings and environments to suit the inability of patients and the public awareness campaign about the importance of rehabilitation and cooperate with PERKESO for evaluation and treatment the patient is injured while working.
- They are also responsible for determining, assessing, identifying and healing-related problems such as speech / speaking, problems in the oral pharyngeal function and related diseases, problems of communication and assess, rehabilitate and improve the development of relationships for patients and provide training systems, to provide rehabilitation hearing-speech and providing advice to patients, their families and to identify factors in the evaluation to improve patient who has problems in speech / saying a word and its related diseases.