SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
1. Wafa SW, Hamzaid H, Talib RA, Reilly JJ. (2013); Objectively measured habitual physical activity and sedentary behaviour in obese and non-obese Malaysian children. J Trop Pediatr. 2013 Nov 8
2. Mohd Adzim Khalili Rohin, Nurismalina Rozano, Norhayati Abd Hadi, Mohd Nasir Mat Nor, Shaharudin Abdullah, and Muralidhara Dandinasivara Venkateshaiah.; Anthropometry and Body Composition Status during Ramadan among Higher Institution Learning Centre Staffs with Different Body Weight Status. The Scientific World Journal (article in press) 2013
3. Mohd. Razif, S., Wan Putri Elena, W.D., & Lua, P.L. ; A 10-Week Multimodal Nutrition Education Intervention Improves Dietary Intake Among University Students: Cluster Randomised Controlled Trial. Journal of Nutrition And Metabolism 2013, doi: 10.1155/2013/658642
4. Lua, P.L., Talib, N.S. & Ismail, Z.; Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT) vs. MMT Plus Auricular Acupuncture: Impacts on Patient Satisfaction and Coping Mechanism. Journal of Pharmacy Practice, June 2013, doi: 10.1177/0897190013489574.
5. Lua, P.L., & Talib, N.S. ; Auricular Acupuncture For Drug Dependence: An Open-Label Investigation On Clinical Outcomes, Health-Related Quality of Life, And Patient Acceptability. Alternative Therapies In Health And Medicine 2013, 19(4), 28-42.
6. Lua, P.L., & Neni, W.S.; Health-Related Quality of Life Improvement via Telemedicine for Epilepsy: Printed vs. SMS-Based Education Intervention. Quality of Life Research, Jan 2013 doi: 10.1007/s11136-013-0352-6.
7. Lua, P.L., & Neni, W.S.; A Randomised Controlled Trial Of An SMS-Based Mobile Epilepsy Education System. Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare 2013, 19, 23-28, doi: 10.1177/1357633X12473920.
8. Noor Salihah, Z., & Lua, P.L. ; Breast Cancer and Chemotherapy Knowledge among Undergraduates of Health Sciences: Which Traits Predict Good Knowledge?. Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences 2013, 20(1), 60-68.
9. Lua, P.L., Norhayati, M., & Ahmad Kashfi, A.R.; HRQoL Profile And Psychometric Properties Assessment Of Caregiver Quality Of Life Instrument Among HIV/AIDS Family Caregivers In Terengganu. Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry, 22(1), Jan-June 2013, MJP-01-03-13.
10. Shaharudin SH, Sulaiman S, Shahril MR, Emran NA, Akmal SN. Dietary changes among breast cancer patients in Malaysia. Cancer Nurs. 2013; 36(2):131-138.
11. Shahril MR, Sulaiman S, Shaharudin SH, Akmal SN.; Healthy eating index and breast cancer risk among Malaysian women. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2013; 22(4):342-347.
12. Norzawani Binti Jaffar. Electron Microscope Study of Gall Extract from Quercus infectoria in Combination with Vancomycin against MRSA Using Post-Antibiotic Effect Determination. International Journal of Pharmacology.
13. Hamid Jan B. Jan Mohamed, Amal K. Mitra, Laila, Ruwaida Mohd Zainuddin, Soo Kah Leng & Wan Manan Wan Muda.; Women Are at a Higher Risk of Metabolic Syndrome in Rural Malaysia. Women Health. 2013;53(4):335-48.
14. R. Mohd Adzim Khalili, S. Emynur Shafekh, A.H. Norhayati, I. Mohd Fatahudin, R. Rahimah, H. Norkamaliah and A. Nor Azimah.; Total Phenolic Content and In vitro Antioxidant Activity of Winged Bean (Psophocarpus tetragonolobus). Pakistan Journal of Nutrition
15. A Emilia, Atif Ameen Baig, M K Zahri, USM Rao, K Gotam, SA Holifa, Esa AB Rahman, A B Zilfalil.; Peroxisome Proliferactor Activated Receptor Gamma (PPAR-γ) Polymorphism towards obesity endemic in Malaysia. Vedic Research International Cell Signaling, Volume 1, Issue 1, July 2013.
16. Emilia A, Atif Ab, Zahri Mk, Ahmad Gf, Suhaili Ct, Rohayu Imr, Ismail Mn, Esa Ab Rahman, Shabbir As,Bin Za.; Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) I/D polymorphism in obesity. GENETIK Jld (no1 &2) ISSn 1394-5750. Pp50-55
1. N. Syazwina, S. Bauk, A. A. Tajuddin and A. Shukri.; Scattering from Rhizophora spp. Particleboards. JurnalFizik Malaysia, Volume 33, Number 1-4.
2. Nurul Alia, A.,Rashidi, A., Khaleed, M., Mohd Zikri, A. and Asmawi, M.Z.; The in vivo antihypertensive effects of standardized methanol extracts of Orthosiphonstamineus on spontaneous hypertensive rats: A preliminary study. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Vol. 6 (6): 376-379.
3. Fairuz M.N, Bauk S. and Suzana M. I. ;XRF Study on Some Indian Mackerel Samples International Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences IJBAS-IJENS Vol: 12 No: 03
4. AG Alattraqchi; Translation Termination Mutations Analysis Using The Protein Truncation Test on Exon11a of The BRCA1 Gene In Female Breast Cancer Patients of Pahang, Malaysia Journal of Advanced Medical Research / 2 (2)
5. Subramanion L. Jothy , Angeline Torey, Ibrahim Darah, Yee SiewChoong, DharmarajSaravanan, Yeng Chen, Lachimanan Yoga Latha, Subramanian Deivanai and Sreenivasan Sasidharan Cassia spectabilis(DC) Irwin et Barn: A Promising Traditional Herb in Health Improvement. Molecules, 17
6. Hamizah NMZ, Juliana MR, Waidi AI, Ismalina SNI, Ahmad Z; Surface Contamination in Skin and Room during Hospitalization of Thyroid Cancer Patient Receiving Radioiodine Ablation. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (JDMS).
7. Soh, K. L., ShariffGhazali, S. Soh, K. G., Abdul Raman, R., Sharif Abdullah, S. S. &Ong, S. L.; Oral care practice for the ventilated patients in intensive care units – A pilot survey. Journal of Infection in the Developing Countries
8. Soh, K. G., NurSurayyah, M. A., S. Soh, K. L., &Ong, S. L. Comparing Physical Activity of Malaysian Malay Men and Women Before, During and After Ramadan. Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities .Vol. 20(S) Sep 2010
9. Nasir, M. N., Abdullah, J., Habsah, M., Ghani, R. I., Rammes, G;. Inhibitory effect of asiatic acid on acetylcholinesterase, excitatory post synaptic potential and locomotor activity. Phytomedicine Journal
10. MSB Yussof, AF Abdul Rahim, AA Baba, SB Ismail, AR Esa; Prevalence and associated factors of stress, anxiety and depression among entering medical students.European Psychiatry
11. Lua, P.L., &Selamat, N.W. Feasibility and Acceptability of Mobile Epilepsy Educational System For People With Epilepsy In Malaysia. Telemedicine And e-Health
12. Lua, P.L., Wan Dali, W.P.E., &Shahril, M.R.; Nutrition Quality Of Life Among Female-Majority Malay Undergraduate Students Of Health Sciences. Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences. 19(4).
13. Lua, P.L., Zakaria, N.S. &Mamat, N.M.; Nutritional Status and Health-Related Quality of Life: An Insight among Breast Cancer Patients On Chemotherapy. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition. 18(2).
14. Lua, P.L., &Zakaria, N.S.; A Brief Review On Current Scientific Evidence Involving Aromatherapy Use For Nausea And Vomiting. Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine. 18(6).
15. Lua, P.L., &. Talib, N.S. A 12-Month Evaluation Of Health-Related Quality Of Life Outcomes Of Methadone Maintenance Program In A Rural Malaysian Sample Journal of Substance Use And Misuse.
16. Usir, E., Lua, P.L., & Abdul Majeed, A. B.; Prevalence And Usage Of Printed And Electronic Drug References And Patient Medication Records In Community Pharmacies In Malaysia. Journal of Pharmacy Practice.
17. Lua, P.L., Selamat, N.W., &Talib, N.S. Coping With Epilepsy: How Do They Influence Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQoL)? . International Journal of Psychosocial Rehabilitation. 16(2).
18. Lua, P.L., & Wan Dali, W.P.E.; The Impact of Nutrition Education Interventions On The Dietary Habits Of College Students In Developed Nations: A Brief Review. Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences. 19(1).
19. Lua, P.L., & Mustapha, N. Mental Health Related Experiences And Challenges Of Informal HIV/AIDS Caregivers: A Brief Review And Analysis. ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry. 13(2).
20. Lua, P.L., Wan Dali, W.P.E., Shahril, M.R.; Malaysian Dietary Guidelines 2010 In Practice: Acceptability And Applicability Of Nutrition Education Delivery Modes Among University Students In Terengganu, Malaysia. International Journal of Current Research and Review. 4(15).
21. Lua, P.L., Zakaria, N.S.,&Mamat, N.M.; Health-Related Quality Of Life Profile In Relation ToChemotherapy-Induced Nausea And Vomiting Among Breast Cancer Patients. ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry. 13(1).
22. Lua, P.L.,&Talib, N.S.; The Effectiveness of Acupuncture Treatment For Drug Addiction: A Review of Research Evidence From Clinical Trials. ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry. 13(1).
23. Lua, P.L., & Wong, S.Y.; The ReliabilityOf The Malay Versions Of Hospital Anxiety Depression Scale (HADS) And McGill Quality ofLife Questionnaire (MQoL) Among A Group of Patients With Cancer In Malaysia. Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry. 21(1).
24. Lua, P.L.,& Wong, S.Y.; Dark Chocolate Consumption On Anxiety, Depression And Health-Related Quality Of Life Of Patients With Cancer: A Randomised Clinical Investigation. Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry. 21(1).
25. M. Maimunah, A.F. Gabriele, M.N. Hapizah, M.I. Nafeeza, O. Effat, M.R. RohayuIzanwati, M.S. Mohamed Saifulaman Gene Expressions Associated with Ultrastructural Changes in Vascular Endothelium of Atherosclerotic Lesion. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology/ 66 ISBN: pISSN2010-376X, eISSN2010-3778
26. Shahril MR, Sulaiman S, Shaharudin SH, Akmal SN.; Healthy eating index and breast cancer risk among Malaysian women. European Journal of Cancer Prevention 2012 / [Epub ahead of print]
27. Shaharudin SH, Sulaiman S, Shahril MR, Emran NA, Akmal SN. Dietary changes among breast cancer patients in Malaysia. Cancer Nursing 2012 / [Epub ahead of print]
28. Lua PL, Wan Dali WPE, Shahril MR. Nutrition Quality of Life among female-majority Malay undergraduate students of health sciences. Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences 2012 / 19(4)
29. Lua PL, Wan Dali WPE, Shahril MR. Malaysian Dietary Guidelines 2010 in practice: acceptability and applicability of nutrition education delivery tools among university students in Terengganu, Malaysia. International Journal of Current Research and Review 2012 / 4(15)
30. Dr US MahadevaRao*; Screening of Secondary Metabolites and Comparative Superoxide Radical Scavenging Along With Reducing Potency of Perseaamericana Using Various Solvent Extracts Drug Invention Today ISSN: 0975-7619; 2012, 4(11) 569-574
31. Dr US MahadevaRao*; Appraisal on Bangladeshi Medical Didactic approaches, Implementation of Reread Medical Education Curriculum Design, and Suggesting Pharmacology and Therapeutics Discipline throughout the Clinical Years of Graduation epoch. Research J. Pharm. and Tech ISSN 0974-3618 5(11):Nov. 2012 1428-1432
32. ThenmozhiA,Rao US Mahadeva* Comparative free radical scavenging potentials of different parts of Solanumtorvum. Free Radicals and Antioxidants Vol.2 / Issue 2 / Apr–Jun, 2012 24-29
33. Muralidhara DV, MahadevaRao US , Swethadri GK; An Update on the variants of obesity JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES Vol. 16, Issue 16 1-5.
34. Thenmozhi A., Nagalakshmi K, Rao U.S. Mahadeva*. Biochemical Characterization, Clinical Diagnosis And Hepatic Complication Of Weil’s Disease And Other Co-Infections Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research ISSN - 0974-2441 Vol 5, Suppl 1, 2012
35. Dr. S. Srinivasan, Dr. MainulHaque, Dr. U.S. MahadevaRao*. Socio, Medico and Economic impacts on in and around Dwellers of Industrial Effluent Pretentious Areas – A Critical Survey. Research J. Humanities and Social Sciences ISSN 0975 – 6795 2012; 3(2)
36. A. Thenmozhi, Dr. U.S MahadevaRao* Secondary Metabolite screening, Bioactive compound extraction, and Disrupting Mitotic Activity of Wild Cabbage [Brassicaceae] towards Cancer Management. Asian Journal Pharm. Res. 2012; Vol. 2: Issue 1
37. Dr. Ahmad Zubaidi Bin A. Latif, Dr. MainulHaque, C. Shanmugasundaram, Dr. U.S. MahadevaRao* Clinical Study of Preventive Potentials of Consumption of Buahnaga[Cactaceae] Against Paracetamol–Induced Hepatotoxicity as well as the Other Associated Biological Effects Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. ISSN- 2231–5659 2012; Vol. 2: Issue 1
38. BabujanarthanamR ,Kavitha P, MahadevaRao US . Protective effect of quercitrin on lipids, lipoproteins and glycoproteins in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. American Journal of Bio-pharmacology Biochemistry and Life Sciences 2012 March, Vol. 1 (Suppl 1): A18
39. Haque M, MahadevaRao US. Biochemical,hematological and histological effect of malaysianbuahnaga fruit extract on hepatoprotective activity in paracetamol–induced experimental albino rats. American Journal of Bio-pharmacology Biochemistry and Life Sciences 2012 March, Vol. 1 (Suppl 1): A18
40. U.S.MahadevaRao,MSc,PhD,PGDMLT,FICS Recent Trends in Herbal Medicine – Attributes to Diabetics American Journal of Bio-pharmacology Biochemistry and Li 2012 March, Vol. 1 (Suppl 1): A18 fe Sciences
41. A.Thenmozhi,C. Shanmugasundaram, U.S MahadevaRao* Biochemical evaluation of anti-diabetic phytomolecule through bioactivity guided solvent fractionation and subfractionation from hydromethanolic (2:3) extract of Alligator pear Fruit in streptozotocin induced diabetic rats Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 02 (01); 2012
42. Muralidhara DV*,NordinSimbak, MohmadNasir Mat Nor : Learning style preferences of preclinical medical students in a Malaysian university South east Asean Journal Of Medical Education (In Press 2012)
43. Muralidhara DV, Krithika D Muralidhara. A biological furnace: nature’s gift to infant’s thermoregulation – An overview. J Pharmacol Biomed Sci, 23: 1-3, 2012
44. Muralidhara DV, Mahadeva Rao US, Swethadri GK.., 2012. An update on the variants of obesity. J Pharmacol Biomed Sci, 16 (14): 1-5, 2012
45. Krithika D Muralidhara1*, Prabha Adhikari2, Kotian MS3 &Muralidhara DV4. A study on the clinical profile of polycystic ovary syndrome in a south Indian population. J Pharmacol Biomed Sci, In Press 2012
46. Prof. Arunodaya Barman; Determinants of medical student attitudes to a learning communication skills teaching program. Journal of men's health, Volume 9, Issue 4, 2012
47. Prof. Arunodaya Barman; Testing the test using RaschMeasurement Model. South East Asian International and Indian National Conference on Health Professions Education-2012 (Proceeding)
48. Prof. Arunodaya Barman; Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnant mothers: A valid and cost-effective screening test in Bangladesh. Journal of Obstetrics &Gynaecology 32(1, January):2012
49. Muhamad S B Yusoff, Ahmad F A Rahim, Abdul A Baba, Shaiful B Ismail, Mohamad N M Pa, AR Esa; The impact of medical education on psychological health of students : A cohort study Psychology, Health & Medicine
50. Muhamad S B Yusoff, Mohd J Yaacob, Nyi N Naing, AR Esa; Psychometric properties of the Medical Student Well-Being Index among medical students in a Malaysian medical school. Asian Journal of Psychiatry
51. Muhamad S B Yusoff, Ahmad F A Rahim, Abdul R Baba, Shaiful B Ismail, Mohamad N M Pa, AR Esa; Prevalence and associated factors of stress, anxiety and depression among entering medical students. Asian Journal of Psychiatry
52. Atif Amin Baig Circumscribing the clinical severity of Rubinstein Taybi syndrome by CBP modulated genome expression. (in response to) “ Histone acetylation deficits in lymphoblastoid cell lines from patients with Rubinstein–Taybi syndrome. Journal of Medical Genetics.
53. Atif Amin Baig Mutational analysis of the SMA patients towards the diagnosis and clinical severity of the SMA, Journal of Medical Genetics, July 2012. Journal of Medical Genetics
54. Atif Amin Baig Allele-specific PCR as an alternative method for routine genetic diagnosis of spinal muscular atrophy. Indian Journal of Medical Research
55. Atif Amin Baig Angiotensin converting enzyme (ace) i/d polymorphism in obesity. Genetik Bulletin/Malaysia
56. Atif Amin Baig Molecular Characterization of Anopheles Malariosis in Area of Pakistan. ISBN-13: 978-1477547618
57. Atif Amin Baig Menopause and Effect of HRT on Platelets Function: Estrogen Replacement Therapy in Postmenopausal Women. ISBN-13: 978-1477525722 (Amazon for details)
58. Atif Amin Baig Spinal Muscular Atrophy; A Molecular Insight: Molecular atrophies and promoter region of SMN genes. ISBN-13: 978-1479179541
59. M. Khairuddin M. Safee; Electromyographic Activity of the Lower Limb Muscles during Salat and Specific Exercises. Journal of Physical Therapy Science 24: 549–552, 2012
60. M. Khairuddin M. Safee; Electromyographic Activity of the Upper Limb Muscle during Specific Salat’s Position and Exercise. International Journal of Applied Physics and Mathematics (IJAPM) IJAPM 2012 Vol.2(6): 433-435 ISSN:2010-362X
1. Abbe Maleyki MJ & Amin I. 2011. Cocoa and Cocoa-Derived Products: Dietary Polyphenols and Beyond. In: Polyphenols: Chemistry, Dietary Sources and Health Benefits. Nova Science Publishers: New York. Book in press.
2. Abbe Maleyki MJ & Amin I. 2011. Khasiat Polifenol Teh, Kopi dan Koko Terhadap Kesihatan, Penerbit Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin: Terengganu. Book in press.
3. Al-Khateeb A, Zahri MK, Mohamed MS, Sasongko TH, Ibrahim S, Yusof Z and Zilfalil BA. 2011. Analysis of sequence variations in low-density lipoprotein receptor gene among Malaysian patients with familial hypercholesterolemia. BMC Medical Genetics 12:40/1471-2350.
4. Appukutty M, Radhakrishnan AK, Ramasamy K, Majeed ABA, Ismail MN, Safii NS, Chinna K, Koon PB. 2011. Modulation of interferon gamma response through orally administered bovine colostrum in active adolescent boys. Biomedical Research. 22(1):18-22
5. Atif AB. 2011. Addiction and treatment; way of despair and consequences: Addiction in a Nation, ISBN-13: 9781461002499.
6. Azizan NA, Ahmad R, Asmawi Z. 2011. A preliminary study of antihypertensive effect of standardized methanol extracts of Orthosiphon stamineus in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats. LAP LAMBERT Academy Publishing: Germany.
7. Barman A. 2011. Feasibility of Applying Classical Test Theory in Testing Reliability of Student Assessment. IMJ. 18(2):110-113
8. Dharmaraj S, Lay-Harn G, Sulaiman SF, Mansor SM, and Ismail Z. 2011. The application of pattern recognition techniques in metabolite fingerprinting of Phyllanthus spp. Spectroscopy 26: 69-78.
9. Esa AR, Yusoff MSB, Rahim AFA, Baba AA. 2011. Medical student selection process and its pre-admission scores association with the new students’ academic performance in Universiti Sains Malaysia. International Medical Journal 18 (4): 327-331.
10. Fatemeh H, Atif AB, Teguh HS, Zilfalil BA. 2011. Exon splicing enhancers: Mutation and disease induction in Spinal Muscular Atrophy. GENETIK 26-29.
11. Fazari GM, Azilawaty A, Nazlina I & Yaacob WA. 2011. Kesan Sitotoksik dan Aktiviti Anti-MRSA Ekstrak Metanol Phyllanthus gracilipes dan Phyllanthus columanris. Sains Malaysiana. 40(5): 457-466.
12. Gillani SW, Oktavia Y, Atif AB, Mirza B. 2011. Helminthiasis; Clinical Insights, ISBN 978-1-105-49459-8.
13. Gillani SW, Sulaiman SAS, Khalid Y, Baig M, Atif AB, Sari YO. 2011. Psychosocial survey on erectile dysfunction among diabetic and non diabetic attributes, Penang, Malaysia. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology 3(5): 221-233.
14. Gillani SW, Sulaiman SAS, Sari YO, Sarriff A, Atif AB, Mirza B. 2011. Perceived Stress Scale Psychometric Validation for Malaysian Diabetic Patients. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 1(4):156-163.
15. Gillani SW, Sulaiman SAS, Siddiqui AD, Atif AB. 2011. Antibiotic manual: infectious diseases comprehensive guide. ISBN-13: 978-1469976921.
16. Gillani SW, Sulaiman SAS, Siddiqui AD, Atif AB. 2011. Cardiovascular Care; Clinical Insight, ISBN-13: 978-1-105-52807-1.
17. Giridhar L, Sambasiva Rao R, Lakshmi G, Swamy KB. 2011. Umbilical cord care Practices among the newborns of the Gadaba and Konda Dora Tribes. Indian Journal of Maternal and Child Health 13(4): 1-11.
18. Hamzaid H, Talib RA, Azizi NH, Maamor N, Reilly JJ, Wafa SW. 2011. Quality of life of obese children in Malaysia. Int J Pediatr Obes. 6(5-6):450-4.
19. Hatin WI, Nur-Shafawati AR, Zahri MK, Tan SG, Xu S, Jin L, Rizman-Idid M, Zilfalil BA And The HUGO Pan-Asian SNP Consortium. 2011. Population Genetic Structure Of Peninsular Malaysia Malay Sub-Ethnic Groups. PLoS One. 6(4)/e18312(1-5).
20. Jamaluddin S, Sulaiman AR. Kamarul Imran M, Juhara H, Ezane MA, Nordin S. 2011. Reliability And Accuracy Of The Tape Measurement Method With A Nearest Reading Of 5mm In The Assessment Of Leg Length Discrepancy. Singapore Medical Journal. 52 (9) : 681-83
21. Janarthanan RB, Kavita, Rao USM, Moses RP. 2011. Quercitrin a bioflavonoid improves the antioxidant status in Streptozotocin: induced diabetic rat tissues. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. DOI 10.1007/s11010-011-0927-x
22. Jantan I, Harun NK, Septama AW, Murad S, Mesaik MA. 2011. Inhibition of chemiluminescence and chemotactic activity of phagocytes in vitro by the extracts of selected medicinal plants. Journal of Natural Medicines 65: 400-405
23. Kee CC, Lim KH, Sumarni MG, Ismail MN, Poh BK, Amal NM. 2011. Physical activity and sedentary behavior among adolescents in Petaling District, Selangor, Malaysia. Mal J Med Health Sci. 7(1): 83-93
24. Liu A, Byrne NM, Kagawa M, Ma G, Kijboonchoo K, Nasreddine L, Poh BK, Ismail MN, Hills AP. 2011. Ethnic differences in body fat distribution among Asian pre-pubertal children: a cross sectional multicenter study. BMC Public Health. 11:500-506
25. Liu A, Byrne NM, Kagawa M, Ma G, Poh BK, Ismail MN, Kijboonchoo K, Nasreddine L, Trinidad TP, Hills AP. 2011. Ethnic differences in the relationship between body mass index and body fat percentage among Asian children from different background. British Journal of Nutrition. 106(9):1390-1397
26. Liu A, Byrne NM, Ma G, Nasreddine L, Trinidad TP, Kijboonchoo K, Ismail MN, Kagawa M, Poh BK, Hills AP. 2011. Validation of bioelectrical impedance analysis, for total body water assessment against the deuterium dilution technique in Asian children. Eur J Clin Nur. Article in press
27. Lua PL & Ismail I. 2011. Work-Related Stress among Healthcare Providers Of Various Sectors In Peninsular Malaysia. Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry. MJP Online Early (MJP-01-09-11).
28. Lua PL & Selamat NW. 2011. Awareness, Knowledge and Attitudes towards Epilepsy: A Review of A Decades’ Research. African Journal of Neurological Sciences (in press)
29. Lua PL & Selamat NW. 2011. Awareness, Knowledge and Attitudes towards Epilepsy: Association with Health-Related Quality of Life. Epilepsy & Behavior. May 2011 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2011.03.039
30. Lua PL & Wong SY. 2011. Can Dark Chocolate Alleviate Anxiety, Depression and Stress Symptoms Among Trainee Nurses? A Parallel, Open-Label Study. ASEAN J Psychiatry. 12(2): July - Dec 2011 (early online)
31. Lua PL & Zanariah Abu Bakar. 2011. Health-Related Quality Of Life Profiles Among Family Caregivers Of Patients With Schizophrenia. Family & Community Health. 34(4), 331-339.
32. Lua PL, Nor Samira Talib & Neni Widiasmoro Selamat. 2011. Assessing Readiness for Behavioural Change In Opioid-Dependent Respondents Undergoing Methadone Maintenance Treatment (MMT). Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry. MJP Online Early (MJP-01-08-11).
33. Lua PL, Sok Yee Wong & Neni Widiasmoro Selamat. 2011. Anxiety, Depression and Health-Related Quality of Life Status among Patients with Cancer in Terengganu, Malaysia. ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry. 12(1): 14-28.
34. Lua PL. 2011. The Role of Complementary Indigenous Malay Therapies: Perspectives From Palliative Care Patients. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine. 8(1), Article 16, doi: 10.2202/1553-3840.1369
35. M. Hemalatha, B. Arirudran, A. Thenmozhi, Rao USM. 2011. Antimicrobial Effect of Separate Extract of Acetone, Ethyl Acetate, Methanol and Aqueous from Leaf of Milkweed (Calotropis gigantea L.). Asian J. Pharm. Res. 1(4): 102-107
36. Marla NJ, Swethadri GK, Naik CNR, Fernandes H & Chandrashekar J. 2011. Giant Solitary Fibrous Tumor of the Pleura (SFTPs) associated with paraneoplastic Doege Potter Syndrome. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. DOI: 10.1007/s12055-011-0106-4.
37. Muralidhara DV, Krithika D Muralidhara. 2011. Recent developments in human brown fat physiology. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 55: 196-205.
38. Nahavandi R, Hafezamini P, Moeini H, Jahromi MZ, Shamsudin MN. 2011. Population of bottleneck and microsatellite : An Analysis Based on genetic diversity of Wild Tiger Shrimp Penaeus monodon (Fabricius) in Malaysia. African Journal of Biotecnology 10 (74): 16715-16719.
39. Nahavandi R, Hafezamini P, Shamsudin MN. 2011. Genetic diversity of intensive cultured and wild tiger shrimp Penaeus monodon (Fabricius) in Malaysia using microsatellite markers. African Journal of Biotecnology 10 (69): 15501-15508.
40. Naim R, Pasaribu FH, Iida T, Honda T. 2011. Thermostable direct hemolysin of Vibrio parahaemolyticus disrupts actin and activates caspase-3 in Rat-1 cells. African Journal of Microbiology Research. In Press
41. Napisah H, Azmahani A, Zubaidi AL, Intan A & Nazifah A. 2011. A Preliminary Study on the Antimicrobial Properties of Several Plants Collected from Terengganu, Malaysia. J. Agrobiotech. 2: 111-118
42. Nasir MN, Habsah M, Rahman IG, Rammes G, Hasnan J, Abdullah J. 2011. Inhibitory effect of asiatic acid on acetylcholinesterase, excitatory post synaptic potential and locomotor activity. Phytomedicine. Article in press
43. Poh BK, Jannah AN, Chong LK, Ruzita AT, Ismail MN, McCarthy D. 2011. Waist circumference percentile curves for Malaysian children and adolescents aged 6.0-16.9 years. International Journal of Pediatric Obesity. 6(3-4):229-235
44. Rao USM, Arirudran. 2011. Ameliorative Role of Threshold Level of Bilirubin in Newborn Jaundice and Efficacy of Noni Fruit Extract on Phenyl Hydrazine Induced Jaundice Rat. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. Vol. 3: 4 , 196-201
45. Rao USM, Bizuneh Adinew. 2011. Hypolipidemic Effect of Dichloromethane as well as Methanolic Fruit and Leaf Extract of Ethiopian Alligator pear (Persea americana) on Tyloxapol – induced Hyperlipidemic Experimental Rat. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 4(4): 574-578
46. Rao USM, Bizuneh Adinew. 2011. Remnant β-cell stimulative and Anti-oxidative effects of Persea americana fruit extract studied in Rats introduced into STZ- induced Hyperglycemic state. African J. of Trad. Complementary and Alternative Medicines. 8(3):210-217.
47. Rao USM, M Hemalatha, R Balabhaskar. 2011. Comparative Biochemical Evaluation on Nutraceutic and Phytotherapeutic Properties of Mengkudu and Midshipman’s Butter – Review. Research J Science and Technology. 3(5): 232-237.
48. Rao USM, Mainul H, Atif AB. 2011. Insulin Stimulative and Anti-Oxidative Effects of Persea americana Fruit Extract on Streptozotocin Induced Hyperglycemic Rats. Journal of Medical and Biological Sciences. 4(1): In press.
49. Rao USM, N Sangita. 2011. Elevated Singlet Oxygen Dependent Tissue Injury As Well As Diminished Activity of Antioxidative Defence Mechanism by Sodium Valproate Clinical Course In Epileptic Children. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 3(6): 307-310.
50. Rao USM, N Sangita. 2011. Hepatotoxic Effect of Sodium Valprorate Therapy in Epileptic children. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Form and Technology. Vol 3, No.4, 135-138.
51. Rao USM, R Balabhaskar, R Babujanarthanam. 2011. Comparative Biochemical Evaluation of Hypoglycemic and Free Radical Scavenging activities of Noni and Spirulina in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rat Tissues. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 4 (10), 3630 – 3634.
52. Rao USM, T Murugan. 2011. Screening of Biofuel Producing Microalgae from Different Fresh-Water Bodies around Chennai. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 3(6): 343-345
53. S. Sasidharan, Y. Chen, Dharmaraj S, Sundram KM and Latha LY. 2011. Extraction, isolation and characterization of bioactive compounds from plants’ extracts. African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicine 8: 1-10.
54. Selamat NW & Lua PL. 2011. How Do Awareness, Knowledge And Attitudes Relate To Coping Strategies Among Epilepsy Patients? ASEAN J Psychiatry. 12(2): July - Dec 2011 (early online).
55. Shabbir AS, Tariq MR, Khattak MN, Shahreza JN, Atif AB, Rosline H, Nik MZ. 2011. Short-term estrogen replacement therapy reduces. Menopause International 17(1): 6-10.
56. Shaharudin SH, Sulaiman S, Emran NA, Shahril MR, Hussain SNAS. 2011. The use of complementary and alternative medicine among Malay breast cancer survivors. Altern Ther Health Med 17(1): 50-56.
57. Shahril MR, Sulaiman S, Shaharudin SH, Emran NA, Rohaizak M, Fuad I, Nurismah MI, Sharifah NA. 2011. The contribution of reproductive factors and family history towards premenopausal breast cancer risk in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Med J Mal 66(3): 220-226.
58. Sharifah WW, Nur Hana H, Ruzita AT, Roslee R & Reilly JJ. 2011. The Malaysian Childhood Obesity Treatment Trial (MASCOT). Mal J Nutr. 17(2): 229 – 36
59. Soh KL., Shariff Ghazali S, Soh KG, Abdul Raman R, Sharif Abdullah SS & Ong SL. 2011. Oral care practice for the ventilated patients in intensive care units – A pilot study. Journal of Infection in the Developing Countries (in press)
60. Sulaiman AR, Nordin S, Faisham WI, Zulmi W, Halim. 2011. Breakage of an Intramedullary rod after bone union in congenital pseudoarthrosis of the tibia. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery ( Hong Kong). 19(2): 250-3.
61. Sulaiman S, Shahril MR, Shaharudin SH, Emran NA, Rohaizak M, Fuad I, Sharifah NA. 2011. Fat intake and its relationship with pre- and postmenopausal breast cancer risk: a case control study in Malaysia. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12(9): 2167-2178
62. Teng NI, Shahar S, Manaf ZA, Das SK, Taha CS, Ngah WZ. 2011. Efficacy of fasting calorie restriction on quality of life among aging men. Physiology & Behavior 104 (5): 1059–1064
63. Wafa SW, Talib RA, Hamzaid NH, McColl JH, Rajikan R, Ng LO, Ramli AH, Reilly JJ. 2011. Randomized controlled trial of a good practice approach to treatment of childhood obesity in Malaysia: Malaysian Childhood Obesity Treatment Trial (MASCOT). Int J Pediatr Obes. 6(2-2):e62-9
64. Wee BS, Poh BK, Bulgiba A, Ismail MN, Ruzita AT, Hills AP. 2011. Risk of metabolic syndrome among children living in metropolitan Kuala Lumpur: a case control study. BMC Public Health. 11: 333-336
65. Wong SY & Lua PL. 2011. Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms among Communities in the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia: A Rural Exploration. Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry. MJP Online Early (MJP-01-06-11)
66. Wong SY & Lua PL. 2011. Review On Chocolate: Food For Moods. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition. 17(2), 117-127.
67. Yeoh LC, Dharmaraj S, Gooi BH, Manjit S and Gam LH. 2011. Chemometrics of differentially expressed proteins from colorectal cancer patients. World Journal of Gastroenterology 17: 2096-2103.
68. Yusoff MSB, Esa AR. 2011. Medical Student Wellbeing Workshop: A Stress Management Programme for Medical Students. Germany: VDM Publishing House (ISBN: 978-3-639-35493-5)
69. Yusoff MSB, Esa AR. 2011. The reliability and validity of the General Stressor Questionnaire (GSQ) among House Officers. International Medical Journal 18 (3): 179-182.
70. Yusoff MSB, Rahim AFA, Ja’afar R and Esa AR. 2011. The validity and reliability of the USM Personality Inventory (USMaP-i): its use to identify personality of future medical students. International Medical Journal 18 (4): 283-287.
71. Yusoff MSB, Rahim AFA, Ja’afar R and Esa AR. 2011. The validity and reliability of the USM Emotional Quotient Inventory (USMEQ-i): its use to measure Emotional Quotient (EQ) of future medical students. International Medical Journal 18 (4): 293-299.
72. Yussoff MSB, Jie TY, Esa AR. 2011. Stress, stressors and coping strategies among house officers in a Malaysian hospital. ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry 12(1): Article in press.
73. Zahari Z, Saleh MR, Zahri MK, Musa N, Ismail R. 2011. A Nested Allele-Specific Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction Method for the Detection of DRD2 Polymorphisms. Malaysian J Med Sci. 18(4) 44-57.
74. Zakaria NS, Lua PL, Mamat NM. 2011. Body Weight Satisfaction: Association with Weight Control Practices among Type 2 Diabetic Patients. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition. 17(1), 55-66.
- Pei Lin Lua, Sam Salek & Ilora G. Finlay (2010). Routine Use Of Health-Related Quality Of Life Information In Advanced Cancer Patients: A Randomised, Controlled Outcome Investigation, The Journal of Supportive Oncology, 8(2), W6-W14.
- Neni Widiasmoro Selamat, Ahmad Zubaidi Abdul Latif, Sok Yee Wong & Pei Lin Lua (2010). Awareness, Knowledge And Attitudes Towards Epilepsy Among Rural Populations in East Coast Peninsular Malaysia: A Preliminary Exploration, Seizure, 19(5), 280-90.
- Lua P.L., Suffian Mohamad Tajudin, Rohayu Izanwati Mohd Rawi, Ahmad Zubaidi Abdul Latif, Norlida Mamat. Predictors Of The Public’s Attitudes, Beliefs And Perceptions Towards Usage Of Traditional Malay Therapies. Proceedings of the 4th Asian Association Of Schools Of Pharmacy & 9th Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society Pharmacy Scientific Conference (AASP-MPS) 2009, 10-13 June 2009, Vistana Hotel, Penang.
- Lua Pei Lin, Imilia Ismail, Wong Sok Yee, Ainun Liyana Kamaruddin, Nadzihah Ismail, Nurul Ain Saffarudin. Work-Related Stress Among Healthcare Providers Of Various Sectors In Peninsular Malaysia. Proceedings of the South East Asia Psychology (SEAP) Conference 2009, 9-11 July 2009, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Kota Kinabalu.
- Neni Widiasmoro Selamat, Pei Lin Lua, Sok Yee Wong. (2009). Awareness, Knowledge And Attitudes Towards Epilepsy Among Rural Cohorts In East Coast Peninsular Malaysia, 9th Asian Conference On Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), 26-28 Sept 2009, COEX Intercontinental, Seoul, Korea.
- Pei Lin Lua, Salwati Abdul Kadir , Abu Bakar Abdul Majeed. (2009). Quality Of Life Outcomes In Opioid Addiction Treatments, 9th Asian Conference On Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), 26-28 Sept 2009, COEX Intercontinental, Seoul, Korea.
- Sok Yee Wong, Pei Lin Lua, Rohayu Izanwati Mohd Rawi, Rokiah Awang, Ahmad Zubaidi Abdul Latif. (2009). An Interventional Pilot Study: Effect Of Dark Chocolate Consumption On Anxiety Level Among Female Nursing Students, The International Conference on Pharmacy and Advanced Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5-6October 2009, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- Rosliwati MY, Rohayah H, Jamil BYM, Zaharah S. (2008).Validation of the Malay version of the Children Depression Inventory (CDI) among children and adolescents attending outpatient clinics in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Malaysia Journal of Psychiatry,17(1), 23-29.
- Pei Lin Lua, Halilah Haron, Getrude Cosmas & Nurul Hudani Md. Nawi. (2007). The Impact of Demographic Characteristics on Health-Related Quality Of Life Profile In Malaysian Epilepsy Population. Applied Research in Quality of Life, 2(4), 247-271.